Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back in Blog Land Again


It's been quite some time since I have blogged. Time to get back to it. So much has happened, yet it seems like I posted just yesterday. I'm still raising my beloved granddaughter, Madi. She's now five so I should find time here and there to blog, post pictures and updates on my fiber adventures. Every day I do something (if my Fibro doesn't have me down). Today I received my newest 'baby'; a wonderful Kick Spindle! Geez I love it! What fun! (The photo is from the auction page where I bought it. The Fords do a wonderful job making them and it spins like mad!) I did not realize the OLD posts were still here. Have I ever aged and turned grey. That photo was three years ago - wow! Margo now lives out in the country with her new Man/Dog and is sopposed to have pups this year. We all miss her terribly but she's doing just great.

I collect spindles and have three full-size wheels but this "kicker" is just so darn cute, portable, and really works! Makes a real handspun looking yarn. The best treat is it won't take up any room at all in the camper! I used to take the Babe camping because it is easy to clean any dirt off, lightweight, portable, dependable and less expensive to replace in case a bear walked off with it.

I am up to my ears in unfinished projects - four of those giganto huge zip lock bags full. No wonder I have no needles left, they're all in my projects! I also am frantically trying to finish up grandbaby items. My daughter Sarah is due within two weeks with my newest granddaughter and I can't stand the wait! So far her name is Iree Piper. Took me a bit to get used to but now I just love it and hope they don't change it last minute. Tonight and tomorrow I'm planning on finishing a newborn size Baby Einstein Jacket from "The Knit Stitch" book in cream colored Kraemer 2006 DK yarn. Soooo soft!  But with playing with the Kicker and settingup this blog I haven't touched it
today. So I'm going to go get a few rows done before I doze off. Tomorrow I'll fix my links. Nitey nite!

No comments: